Gymnastics is a fantastic sport for young athletes. It helps improve strength, balance, flexibility and coordination and is a great confidence-booster. Being able to flip, leap and fly is great fun, though, like all sports there are certain injuries that come with gymnastics training. At Manly Gymnastics Physiotherapy we:
- Are dedicated to treating gymnasts
- Are aware of the demands of gymnastics and the specific injuries related to the sport
- Aim to prevent injuries before they occur
- Are aware of the gymnastics related over-use injuries specific to children and adolescents
- Can develop specific exercise plans to help improve performance
We are proud to provide physiotherapy services for the Manly Warringah Gymnastics Club and community. MWGC, NSW gymnastics club of the year in 2013 and 2014, is one of Australia’s biggest gymnastics clubs, with over 2000 members and many state and national squad members.
Our location at the gym allows us to:
- Work closely with the club’s coaches to develop individualised training programs
- Provide injury prevention advice
- Provide gymnastics-focused rehabilitation
We offer a special discounted price of $50 to MWGC gymnasts. Please give us a call if you would like to discuss how we can help you or your child.